2/22/10

America: Kicking Ass in Vancouver



Guys seriously- we're kicking ass this year in Vancouver.

Currently the United States is ahead in the medal count with a total of 24 medals won in this Olympic games. 7 golds, 7 silvers, and 10 bronze medals make up our Olympic winners so far. That's seven more medals than the closest country Germany, and the most medals of every metal (homophone attack!) currently in these Olympic games.

I remember when I was 12 and watching the Lillehammer games. It was the first time in my life I realized that the US wasn't invincible & that there was a great big world out there. We weren't that awesome in 1994- 13 total medals won, 6 were gold, 5 silver, & 2 bronze.

However the past 3 Olympic games- Salt Lake City, Turin, and now Vancouver has shown that the US kicks Olympic ass again. And right now in this country there couldn't be a better time for a pleasant distraction, especially now that football season is over.

Seriously, it's a joy watching these games, and these Olympics have probably been the most watched by myself and friends for sure. It's on every night wherever I'm at, & my amigos & I are cheering for USA wholeheartedly throughout.

No comments: